Concrete Products Group Spec-Thermal™
Concrete Products Group Spec-Thermal™ Insulated Concrete Masonry offers superior thermal performance which saves energy throughout the life of the structure. Our pre-insulated CMU products feature Korfil Hi-R® & Hi-R-H® inserts by Concrete Block Insulating Systems, Inc. and offer proven performance that delivers tested R-Values up to R-18 (Hi-R-H) depending on block density.
Actual tested R-Values differ from “Effective R-Values” in that they don’t account for the benefits of thermal mass. Why? Because including thermal mass benefits can be misleading. The IECC and ASHRAE already give credit for mass walls, and if we were to include them in our published R-values, we would be essentially “double dipping”. For more info check out our recent blog post.
Benefits of the Hi-R & Hi-R-H wall systems:
- Interlocking insulation inserts
- Single system for the structure and envelope
- Durable concrete surface on the interior and exterior
- Factory installed insulation
- Inserts remain in place for vertically and horizontally reinforced cores
- Designed for horizontal joint reinforcement
- Flashing and weeps are easily accommodated
- Benefits of thermal mass