Architectural CMU – Polished CMU Series
Jandris Polished CMU Series are processed through several stages of vigorous polishing to retrieve a gloss finish similar to that of polished granite or marble. The natural beauty of local aggregates is exposed, to produce this distinctive line of CMU’s. The finish of these reflective CMU’s works well in structures where a load bearing maintenance free wall system or façade is desired.
Jandris Polished and Weathered Polished Block sample kits are now available. Please contact us for more information.
Shapes and Sizes of Polished Block
Polished Blocks are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Half Units and Half High Units
- Bond Beams and Lintels – Used where reinforcing is needed.
- Corners – One face and one end ground, used for exterior corners.
- Multiple Faces – Used for a two-sided wall or wall cap.
- Scores – Uniformity and aesthetic values can be added with one or multiple scoring.
- Custom Shapes – Any feasible size and shape upon request.
- Bevels – Used for window sills, wall bases, adjustment for wall size, etc.
- Bullnose– These CMUʼs can have one or more rounded exterior corners
Polished Block Available Options
- Hi-R & Hi-R-H
Insulated units for energy code compliance and thermal performance
- Factory Coatings
Coatings can be factory applied to aid the mason during clean down and protect the concrete masonry units from natural elements and graffiti.
- All load bearing units shall conform to ASTM C-90.
- All Normal Weight aggregates shall conform to ASTM C-33.
- All Light Weight aggregates shall conform to ASTM C-331.
- All Portland Cements shall conform to ASTM C-150.