Architectural CMU – Ground Face
Jandris Ground Face CMU are extremely durable, fire and mold resistant, and energy efficient due to high thermal mass. The characteristics of our locally sourced natural aggregates give Jandris Ground Face Blocks a unique and appealing aesthetic. The smooth ground face finish of these units works well in structures where a maintenance-free wall system is desired.
These units can be used for interior and/or exterior applications as fully finished walls, banding courses, or combined with other concrete products.
Shapes and Sizes of Ground Face Block
Ground Face Blocks are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Half Units and Half High Units
- Bond Beams and Lintels – Used where reinforcing is needed.
- Corners – One face and one end ground, used for exterior corners.
- Multiple Faces – Used for a two-sided wall or wall cap.
- Scores – Uniformity and aesthetic values can be added with one or multiple scoring.
- Custom Shapes – Any feasible size and shape upon request.
- Bevels – Used for window sills, wall bases, adjustment for wall size, etc.
- Bullnose – These CMUs can have one or more rounded exterior corners with a radius of ½ – 2 inches.
Ground Face Available Options
- Insulation Inserts
Hi-R & Hi-R-H insulated units for energy code compliance and thermal performance
- Factory Coatings
Coatings can be factory applied to aid the mason during clean down and protect the concrete masonry units from natural elements and graffiti.
- All load bearing units shall conform to ASTM C-90.
- All Normal Weight aggregates shall conform to ASTM C-33.
- All Light Weight aggregates shall conform to ASTM C-331.
- All Portland Cements shall conform to ASTM C-150.